Stanley Abraham, Partner, US Tax, joined Zeifmans in 2014. Stanley is an expatriate New Yorker with more than 30 years of US and International tax experience. He has a broad range of US tax experience advising clients ranging in size from small owner-managed companies to large publicly-traded companies.
Prior to joining Zeifmans, Stanley was a partner with KPMG’s US tax practice in North York. He has been a Certified Public Accountant in New York State since 1984 and is also designated as a Chartered Accountant in Ontario. Stanley also holds a Masters degree in U.S. Taxation from Baruch College of the City University of New York. Stanley has spoken before the Council for International Tax Education, ATLAS-Structured Finance Institute, the Ontario Tax Conference, the Canadian Bankers Association Federated Press, AJAG and other trade and industry groups.
On a community level, Stanley has served as co-chair of the Lawyers and Accountants Division of UJA in the GTA and has also been Vice Chair and the former Treasurer of Reena, an organization devoted to serving the needs of the developmentally disabled community in North Toronto and York Region. While at KPMG, Stanley founded a national network at the firm for parents of children with special needs.
Areas of Specialization
- Structuring the U.S. operations of Canadian companies and investors
- U.S. tax return preparation
- Planning to mitigate U.S. federal and state tax liabilities
- Representing clients in disputes with the IRS and state tax authorities
- Optimizing clients’ tax positions in respect of M&A activities
Professional, Community and Social Leadership Roles
- Finance Committee, Reena Foundation
- Former Co-chair, Lawyers and Accountants division of UJA
- Former Vice Chair, Reena Foundation
- Former Treasurer, Reena Foundation
Last week, President Trump signed a $2.2 trillion coronavirus rescue package. This post will…
On March 2, 2020, the IRS released Revenue Procedure 2020-17 which has broad implications…