Nathan leads the Canadian Tax Group at Zeifmans. For over 25 years, he has been providing strategic advice to owner-managers on a wide range of income tax matters affecting private companies. In particular, Nathan focuses on real estate and Canada-US cross border tax issues. Prior to joining Zeifmans in 2015, Nathan had been a Tax Partner with one of the big four accounting firms.
In addition to his Canadian professional accounting designations, Nathan is a licensed US CPA with the State of Illinois. Nathan’s professional activities have included leading tutorials for the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) In-Depth Tax Program, serving on the CPA Canada and Ontario Budget Summary Committees and presenting lectures to CPA’s and organizations in the GTA on owner-managed business taxation. Nathan has also written for the Canadian Tax Foundation and his past firms’ publications. He currently serves as a director of the charity United Chesed of Toronto and Vicinity and is Chairman of the Membership Dues Committee of his synagogue, Chabad Flamingo.
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA – Illinois)
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants In-depth Tax Course
- Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) and Graduate, School of Public Accountancy, McGill University
Areas of Specialization
- Develop and deliver innovative and forward-thinking solutions relating to setting-up of tax efficient corporate structures, evaluating acquisitions and divestments, Canada-US cross border issues, and tax and estate and succession planning for clients in variety of industries.
- Real Estate
- Retail and wholesale
- Professional Service Corporations
The Zeifmans Family Business Handbook: Understanding the 6 facets of family business success Family…
It goes without saying that many businesses with marketable security investments will have sustained…