Nathan leads the Canadian Tax Group at Zeifmans. For over 25 years, he has been providing strategic advice to owner-managers on a wide range of income tax matters affecting private companies. In particular, Nathan focuses on real estate and Canada-US cross border tax issues. Prior to joining Zeifmans in 2015, Nathan had been a Tax Partner with one of the big four accounting firms.
In addition to his Canadian professional accounting designations, Nathan is a licensed US CPA with the State of Illinois. Nathan’s professional activities have included leading tutorials for the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) In-Depth Tax Program, serving on the CPA Canada and Ontario Budget Summary Committees and presenting lectures to CPA’s and organizations in the GTA on owner-managed business taxation. Nathan has also written for the Canadian Tax Foundation and his past firms’ publications. He currently serves as a director of the charity United Chesed of Toronto and Vicinity and is Chairman of the Membership Dues Committee of his synagogue, Chabad Flamingo.
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA – Illinois)
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants In-depth Tax Course
- Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) and Graduate, School of Public Accountancy, McGill University
Areas of Specialization
- Develop and deliver innovative and forward-thinking solutions relating to setting-up of tax efficient corporate structures, evaluating acquisitions and divestments, Canada-US cross border issues, and tax and estate and succession planning for clients in variety of industries.
- Real Estate
- Retail and wholesale
- Professional Service Corporations
It goes without saying that many businesses with marketable security investments will have sustained…
Finance Minister Bill Morneau released his fourth budget (the “Budget”) on March 19, 2019. …