Robert joined Zeifmans in 2006 starting as a student and became partner in January 2016. He specializes in accounting for owner managed, small to mid-sized businesses, personal and corporate taxation, corporate reorganization, estate planning, and goods and services tax. His client base and experience is extensive covering a wide array of businesses and activities, ranging from professional services, including lawyers and law offices, retail stores, and wholesalers.
Through his years of practice, Robert has cultivated in-depth knowledge and expertise in the healthcare sector with a specific focus on pharmacies, medical practices and cannabis retail. Currently, Robert advises over 500+ pharmacies on simple to complex financial matters including, how to best structure a corporation in order to create the most effective tax plan.
In addition, Robert is a key member of Zeifmans Cannabis team and has been helping guide cannabis companies grow their business for more than 5 years. Working 1:1 with his cannabis clients, he advises them in all areas of accounting, such as best practice for business origination structure, and tax planning. As the cannabis industry continues to grow, Robert will be on your team every step of the way, whether you are starting to think about applying for your first cannabis license to planning to go public.
Priding himself on building strong relationships, Robert takes the time to understand your needs and goals to ensure your healthy financial future.
- Chartered Professional Accountant – CPA Ontario
- Chartered Accountant - CA
- Chartered Professional Accountant - CPA Canada In-depth Tax Course, Tax Law/Taxation
Areas of Specialization
- Management & advisory services
- Personal & corporate taxation
- Estate & succession planning
- Consulting family business
- Business acquisition & financing
- Medical professionals
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Real estate
- Food industry
- Service corporations
- Legal professionals
- Investment corporations
Professional, Community and Social Leadership Roles
- Director, board member and active participant in many communal charitable organizations, schools and relief organizations.
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) has recently announced that legal cannabis…