Michael McGee joined Zeifmans in 2013, and has been manager since 2017.
The clients he works with operate in a wide range of industries, from high tech to manufacturing. Michael specializes in accounting and tax advisory to owner-managed businesses through providing personalized services to entrepreneurs at each stage of their business cycle. Michael is knowledgeable in both Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Michael also engages in specialized consulting engagements, including advising clients on mergers and acquisitions.
Michael graduated from York University with a Bachelor of Commerce, Honours Accounting in 2013, obtained his Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants CA designation in 2016, and is currently enrolled in the CPA Canada – The New In-Depth Tax Course. He assists clients in tax planning, tax minimization strategies, tax compliance, tax reporting, voluntary disclosures, CRA audits, CRA objections and appeals, and holding strategies for Canadian taxpayers holding foreign investments.
- Bachelor of Administrative Studies (BAS) - York University
- Chartered Professional Accountant (Chartered Accountant) – CPA Ontario
- Chartered Accountant – CA
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants In-depth Tax Course (in progress)
Areas of Specialization
- Auditing and Accounting
- Domestic tax planning with a focus on tax efficient minimization strategies
- Estate & succession planning
- Charitable organizations and foundations tax compliance
- Setting-up of tax efficient structures for Canadian businesses
- Optimizing clients’ tax positions in respect of M&A activities
- Foreign reporting requirements in Canada
- Accounting and Assurance
- Family Business
- Financial Services
- Software as a Service (SAAS)
- Service corporations