David Posner joined Zeifmans in 2006, and became a partner in 2016. During that time, he’s amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience in Canadian taxation in many industries, with a primary focus on real estate.
Known by his clients for his outgoing personality and optimistic outlook, David is a problem solver. He’s skilled at crafting results-oriented solutions that lie within the law, while being as creative as possible to maximize the benefit to the client. Regardless of the complexity of the situation, he seeks to help his clients weed through the red tape and reach the finish line in a practical manner.
David graduated from York University with a BAS, Honours Accounting in 2006, obtained his Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants CA designation in 2008, and completed the CPA Canada – The New In-Depth Tax Course in 2015. He assists clients in tax planning, tax minimization strategies, tax compliance, tax reporting, voluntary disclosures, CRA audits, CRA objections and appeals, and holding strategies for Canadian taxpayers holding foreign investments.
- York University - BAS, Honours Accounting
- Canadian Institute Chartered Accountants CA Designation
- Certificate in International Reporting Standards, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- CPA Canada, The New In-Depth Tax Course
Areas of Specialization
- Auditing and Accounting
- Voluntary Disclosures
- Non-resident Taxation
- Foreign Asset Reporting in Canada
- Real Estate
- Rental Properties
- Not-for-Profit and Charity
- Investment Companies