Bal has over 10 years of experience assisting Canadian businesses with tax and business planning, to help them improve their bottom-line. His expertise lies in working directly with Canadian technology companies, providing invaluable tax advice and guidance in regards Canadian tax credits and incentives, such as the Canadian Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive Program (SRED) and other similar business tax incentives. In addition, Bal also has extensive experience in successfully representing clients in CRA tax audits for tax incentive claims. His experience ranges from corporations which are growing startups to large multinational organizations.
Bal’s current focus is startup mid-market Canadian controlled private corporations and owner managed businesses, where he provides a wide range of tax planning and advisory assistance that is geared towards protecting the business wealth and succession. Bal has been contributing as an author to Canadian Tax Foundation and Thomson Reuters on tax topics of interest – especially with a focus towards owner managed Canadian controlled private corporations.
Notably, Bal is also on the list of tax experts recognized as one of the experts by Thomson Reuters for Business Tax Incentives and Canadian corporate tax.
- PhD (Physics) – McGill University (postdoctoral fellow)
- CPA, CGA – Class Valedictorian 2015, Atlantic Canada. Currently, member in good standing of CPA Ontario.
- Six-sigma Green Belt certification, McGill University and CAE, Montreal.
Areas of Specialization
- Canadian Corporate Tax and Business Tax Incentives
- Corporate reorganization and Tax planning
- Family Business, Estate & succession planning
- Tax planning for Charitable organizations and Private Foundations
- Technology and startups
- Real Estate
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Not for Profit and Charities
- Professional Corporations
- Owner-managed businesses
- Privately-held small & medium sized businesses