The technology and new media sector continues to drive business growth and opportunity. To fulfill their visions, companies in this arena need experienced advisors who can help them manage growth, meet the rising expectations of investors and be favorably regarded by the financial community.
Zeifmans has a proven track record helping private, public and venture and private-equity backed companies succeed at each stage of their life cycle. Clients benefit from our own hands-on, entrepreneurial culture as well as our integrated capabilities in accounting, audit, tax and advisory services across a range of critical issues:
- Audit and assurance services: We understand the accounting issues facing technology and new media companies. From revenue recognition to stock compensation and complex equity transactions, our professionals can help guide you to determine the impact to your financial statements.
- Proactive tax planning and structuring: We take a long-term view toward tax planning, and work to set the foundation for favorable tax scenarios at the time of future mergers or acquisitions. We also are knowledgeable in the application of research and development (R&D) tax credits and other appropriate credits and deductions.
- Provincial, federal and cross-border taxes: For companies with operations in multiple jurisdictions, we help maintain compliance at a time when regulatory bodies have become more aggressive in capturing tax revenues.
- Merger and acquisition planning: We draw upon deep industry experience to assist in due diligence and the development of forecasting models to help technology companies confidently evaluate merger and acquisition opportunities, both buy-side and sell-side.
- Investor preparation and introductions: We help growth-focused companies implement best-practice accounting policies and procedures to ensure that those seeking investors will be prepared with sound financial statements. We also leverage our technology industry relationships to facilitate introductions to venture capitalists, private equity, bankers and other financing sources.
- Valuation: We provide post-merger purchase price allocation and stock and option valuation services in connection with financial and tax reporting.